Pant & Wag (PAW) is dedicated to a healthy and safe environment. Clean air is even more important for dogs than it is for humans; a dog's normal respiratory rate is 18-34 breaths per minute while an adult human's rate is only 12-20 breaths per minute. Since dog's take more breaths, they inhale more pollutants and more CO2. Additionally, the canine's primary cooling-down method of panting is known to not be as effective as human's sweating mechanism. As such, the warming of the earth could potentially have more adverse effects for dogs than for humans.
PAW has launched the following eco-friendly green initiatives:
- 50% Wind Power - all electricity used by PAW is generated by at least 50% clean wind power, with the goal to be 100% by 2013.
- Paperless Communications - both internal and external forms, guides, bill payments/receivables, and instructions are presented in a paperless/electronic medium whenever possible.
- Biodegradable Poop Bags - Yes, dogs poop. And when they do, we are prepared! Our biodegradable poop bags meet ASTM D6400 standard, which means after they are used they will decompose at a similar rate to that of an apple core. While dog poop might sound like a small issue it is a major environmental concern-click here for more information.
- Eco-Friendly Dog Leashes - Pant & Wag uses the Premier ECO Dog Leash, made of 100% recycled Plastic Milk Cartons.
- Professional Cleaning from Eco-Harmony - While the great majority of our Fitness Adventures are outside, in the rare cases we need to move inside, our administrative office is professionally cleaned in a healthy and environmentally friendly fashion by Eco-Harmony Services. This means your dog will never be exposed to toxic cleaning chemicals or harsh fumes.
- Canine Caravan - Your dog will be transported to and from his Fitness Adventure in a Ford Transit Connect, which features best in class fuel efficiency. Click here for more information.
All Pant & Wag Canine Fitness Trainers are qualified as Professional Dog Trainers, Dog First Aid and Canine CPR, and Certified as Canine Fitness Trainers making us uniquely qualified to exercise your dog with a true Doggy Fitness Adventure in the safest and most beneficial way possible.